Catalog, document, and query live data from MS SQL server by configuring a virtual connection.
In order to create a virtual connection toMS SQL server you need to have the following:
- Host/IP - the url for your database
- Port (optional) - use if you connect through a special port
- Database (optional) - You can specify it here or you can choose from a dropdown list when you create a dataset
- Connection username - Your username for your data source
- Connection password - Your password for your data source
Set up Connection
Go to the MS SQL integration page and click Enable integration to set up a connection:
Choose a Display name for your connection. This is the name everyone in your organization will see for the connection. Then enter your user credential information into the dialog screen:
Click Test Microsoft SQL Server configuration to make sure it works, and then save it by selecting Configure.
After your connection is configured you can use it anytime you select Add data from within a dataset or project:
Choose the connection you want to use from My data sources:
Add or modify a connection
Go to the MS SQL Server integration page (easily found under My integrations on our Integrations page) and select Manage:
From here you can edit your current connection or add a new one:
You will need your original credentials (password or key file) to make changes to an existing connection.