Catalog, document, and query live data from Snowflake.
Snowflake Partner Connect provides by far the easiest way to get started with data.world and Snowflake by auto-generating the user and configuration needed.
Whitelist IP Addresses
- If your Snowflake database has a locked down network policy, add data.world to your whitelist. Whitelist the following IP addresses:
Snowflake Partner Connect will automatically create a direct connection from data.world to Snowflake. Contact our demo support team if you would like to inquire about alternative methods of connecting such as an SSH tunnel or bridged connection approach.
Navigate to your Snowflake console with your favorite web browser, click the Partner Connect tab, and then click the data.world tile.
- You will prompted to accept the automatically generated user, database, compute warehouse, and role for the Partner Connect configuration. This is standard for all Partner Connect applications. Click Connect.
- That's all you need to do from the Snowflake side! Click Activate to finish setting up your data.world account.
- Enter in the email address you used for Snowflake account, plus full name, username, and password.
- Now you have an individual data.world account with an automatically created Snowflake connection. (To manage your Snowflake connections, including this automatically created one, visit https://data.world/integrations/snowflake and click Manage.)
- Homework for later: Create an organization, where you can catalog and collaborate on datasets in a shared space with your colleagues. Fill out the form at: https://data.world/create-organization
Step One is now complete! Step 2 is Create a Dataset.