- PR#5507 - Allows SQL queries to specify additional fields along with SELECT *. This enables users to add calculated fields before or after selecting all standard fields in a table. In the following example, we can get all fields with SELECT *, but simultaneously get the calculated field HourlyWage in the same query:For a more in depth look at using SQL on data.world, please see our full SQL documentation
- PR#5454 - Enabled SAML configuration for an allowed organization via an XML file upload within the data.world UI. From an Organization's Settings page, an administrator can now upload an XML file from the Identity Provider to configure SAML for the organization instead of copying and pasting the relevant fields:
- PR#4442 - Added a Request Access button when viewing a discoverable dataset that one does not have access to. Also hides the Activity and Settings tabs for users that do not have access to those areas:
- PR#4377 - Added a Message text box to the Request Access modal when requesting an invite to a dataset or project. This allows a user to specify a reason for requesting access. Previously they needed to post a comment in the Discussions section to explain the reason for the request.
- PR#4373 - Added ability to search by Type, Tag, or Catalog in the Analysis Hub and Business Glossary of the Enterprise platform:
- PR#4365 - In VPC environments, renders a dataset's catalog asset status as a badge within the sidebar of the dataset overview page. This asset status section will only display for datasets that have an asset status added.
- PR#4359 - Added the ability to filter search results by asset Owner
- PR#4343 - Allows specifying a display name when creating a new account through an invite:
Updates & fixes:
- PR#5488 - Requires SQL queries to explicitly specify a JOIN condition. Previously a SQL statement such as SELECT * FROM table1 JOIN table2 was implicitly converted to SELECT * FROM table1 NATURAL JOIN table2. The NATURAL keyword must now be specified in the query. This more closely correlates to other dialects of SQL.
- PR#5487 - Queries now treat backticked identifiers in SQL queries as case sensitive. Any identifiers specified within backticks within a SQL query (e.g. `Column1`) are now treated as case-sensitive, matching our documentation. Previously these were being treated as case-insensitive.
- PR#5485 - For better compatibility with other databases, changed the column order in the results of SQL NATURAL JOIN and JOIN USING when used with
SELECT *. This mimics the behavior of Oracle and Postgres (for both NATURAL JOIN and JOIN USING), and Presto behavior (for JOIN USING only - Presto does not support NATURAL JOIN)
SELECT *order the common columns first.
RIGHT JOINreturn common columns from the right-hand-side of the join since the ones from the left-hand-side are more likely to be NULL.
- PR#4532 - Resolved an issue that prevented scrolling all the way to the bottom of the Activity pane on the left side of the homepage when a member of many organizations
- PR#4530 - Disambiguated the URLs of the Community tab when logged in (now https://data.world/activity/community) and the community page when not logged in ( https://data.world/community)
- PR#4522 - Changed the text in new project creation process from Objective to Description to align with the terminology used elsewhere in the user interface
- PR#4517 - Changed the text in new dataset creation process from Objective to Description to align with the terminology used elsewhere in the user interface
- PR#4402 - Moved the name editing function for datasets and projects from the Settings tab to the metadata editing modal. You can now click on Edit from About this project/dataset on the right side of the main project/dataset page to change the name or description.
- PR#4397 - Allows use of a URL that ends with a trailing slash (e.g. https://data.world/ instead of https://data.world ) when using the Sync From URL option to add a file to a dataset or project
- PR#4396 - Ensures that on the front page of a dataset, the entries on the Related projects list on the right side match those on the Projects Using This Dataset list when clicking on the dropdown next to the Launch workspace button. Previously, when a dataset was connected to more than 3 projects, these lists may have shown :
- PR#4317 - Updated buttons styles. Flattened and removed the gradient from all buttons and added a glow behind the button on mouse hover.
Normal Hover Open
Integrations & API
- Nothing new this time.
Updates & fixes:
- Nothing new this time.