- PR #4145 - Redesign of Insights to match Summary: Project insights now use the Simple Editor by default and operate similar to the Summary. See the article Intro to the Simple Editor for more information.
- PR#4148 - Added error message for dataset upload: Provides a useful error message with a built-in email link to customer support when a dataset encounters a SYSTEMERROR during the upload process.
- PR#4156 - Moved data dictionary to sidebar: The data dictionary used to be located both in the central area of the dataset and project overview under the summary section and on the left sidebar of the workspace under Docs. Now it's only located on the sidebar of the workspace.
- PR#4297 - Added a "Description" to insights: Previously the only metadata you could enter for an insight was a 45 character name. We now have fields for both the name (45 char) and a description (228 char).
- PR#4288 - Added a Tooltip on saved queries to display query metadata: Now if you hover over a query on the left sidebar of the workspace you will see the name of the query, its description, the creator, and the date created.
- PR#4278 - Added a button on the top right of the dataset and project workspaces to close multiple tabs at a time
- PR#4238 - Added the ability to embed parameterized queries/query templates in the Simple Text Editor, Discussion tab, and any other area that allows Markdown embeds. This allows query templates to be presented in a more user friendly manner, adding additional instructions and documentation. Previously, query templates could only be viewed and run from within the project or dataset workspace itself. See the article Embedding assets with the Simple Editor for more information.
- PR#4198 - Enabled autocomplete functionality for table and column descriptions in SPARQL queries. After typing the namespace, a menu with matching column and table names will appear. Continuing to type will filter for any matching columns and tablesFor more fun, check out our SPARQL tutorial!
- PR#4284 - New workflow process for creating a dataset or project: Selecting New + to create a new database or project now brings up a modal dialog:
Updates & fixes:
- PR#4159 - Added parameter values to data saved when generating a link to a query. When running a query from a query template, the values you enter when you run the query are the values that will be used when someone runs the same query from a URL. E.g., if I run the query Param Q with optional values and case insensitive, with the values "Cat", "Siamese", and "Adoption", when I create a URL or embed the code for that query from the Download menu, the URL or code generated will show the results for "Cat", "Siamese", and "Adoption" by default:
- PR#4160 - Data dictionary column width expanded: The data dictionary window has been expanded to allow for longer column names before the text wraps:
- PR#4181 - Improved query performance for tables with many columns: When queries are run that return a very large number of columns the view of the columns is collapsed in the results so the results can be shown more quickly.
- PR#4183 - Improved performance for big projects: The workspace view of a project contains previews of both the data and columnar metadata. In order to speed the process of navigating through files and minimize the response time of the viewer we are now limiting the number of columns (metadata data) we display in the right sidebar.
- PR#4193 - Reintroduced support of queries in summaries and insights. When the Simple Editor was introduced the ability to embed queries in summaries and insights was accidentally removed. With this PR the functionality was added back in. See the articles Using the Simple Editor command menu and Embedding assets with the Simple Editor for more detailed information.
- PR#4312 - Changed the icons and styles in the 'Add' menu on the Project workspace: Based on feedback from our community members, we have updated the "Add" menu on the project workspace with uniquely colored icons for easier differentiation and more concise text:
- PR#4282 - When clicking on the three dots icon next to a saved query on the left side of a workspace, the query options menu will appear above the query if the browser window does not have enough space below. Previously, the menu would always drop down below the query, which would cause it to get cut off in some cases.
When there's enough space below, the menu will drop down
When there's insufficient space below, the menu will 'drop' up
- PR#4276 - Updated timestamp component to display relative dates and display the full date and time as a tooltip on hover.
- PR#4200 - Changed the font used in the Markdown editor from Lato to Inconsolata
- PR#4199 - Resolved an issue in which the data dictionary was not loading the column names from .json files added to a dataset or project: Previously the information about columns in a JSON file were not being displayed in the data dictionary. Now data is shown from all tabular files:
- PR#4217 - Results from a query saved to dataset/project in srj format: Queries saved to a dataset or project from the Download link are now saved as SPARQL results JSON (srj) files instead of csv/txt files. This change is hidden from users in the interface, however files accessed through other options on the menu are still accessed as CSV). However file downloads through a public api will get the srj file. See the articles Why "Save to dataset or project" is important and how to use it, and
- PR#4250 - Changed the styling rules for images: When images are viewed in edit mode they are now rendered the same size as they are in the the published view.
Integrations & API
- PR#4279 - Added the ability to enable webhooks for projects and datasets for all users. In the Settings tab of a project or dataset, there is now a section for Webhooks. This was previously an experimental feature only available upon request, but is now available for all users. For more information, see the webhooks section of our API documentation.
- PR#4571 - Released table picker for database connections: Instead of having to use SQL to specify which tables to included when setting up a connection to a data source with an integration to data.world, there is now a list of all the table names with a checkbox to indicate inclusion. For those who prefer, using SQL is still available.
Updates & fixes:
- Nothing new this week.