We're out of Preview (beta)!: As part of that, we've introduced free and paid tiers for both individuals and teams. See what each account type includes and pricing at https://data.world/pricing.
HTML Previews: We've added the ability to browse and preview HTML files. This means you can now add and preview much requested D3 visualizations and R markdown files amongst others.
Updates & fixes:
Email notification unsubscribe link: We've added unsubscribe links to all transactional emails. This allows you to stop activity notifications (comments, new files, etc.) at the dataset level.
- Query editor enhancements: We're now bringing more context for columns into the query editor via small 'i' buttons on the dataset/project schema:
- dwSQL enhancements: We now support the TABLESAMPLE command which will randomly sample the returned set of rows instead of just limiting to the first N-returned rows. Here's an example.
Improved data table browser: We've improved the file-viewer for better loading times as well as new usability features including row numbers, column/row selection, improved headers and - most importantly - copy/paste ability, even directly into Microsoft Excel!
NOTE: This is currently behind our experimental flag and will be available to all members in the upcoming weeks. If you'd like to try it out now, go to 'Settings' -> 'Advanced' and check 'Enable experimental features'.
Integrations & API:
- KNIME Connector: KNIME is a data workflow tool and allows you to more easily integrate data.world with various enterprise data sources.
- Excel Integration: Easily push your Excel data out to data.world. This is still in beta, so try it out, send feedback, and leave a review in the Microsoft app store if you love it!
- Streams API: Add data to a dataset via the new stream api. Allows you to append records to the file without needing to upload the entire file.
Updates & fixes:
- Nothing new this week.