Adding members to your organization:
Invite additional administrators, content contributors, or members to your organization by going to the People tab on your organization's data.world page.
If you know the organization username, go directly to it at https://data.world/<orgUserName>. You can also access the organizations you're a part of from your settings page at https://data.world/settings/organizations. Navigate to this page anytime by clicking your avatar image in the top right corner, and choosing Settings:
Then on the next page, choose Organizations on the left side, then click Manage Members next to the desired organization:
Once you are on the People tab of the organization's page, click the Invite button above the list of members:
Use the form to find and invite individuals or other organizations by username, full name, or email address. If they are not already a data.world member, enter their email address and select the Invite link in the dropdown to invite them to join both data.world and the organization:
When inviting a new member to your organization, choose the appropriate level of access and visibility:
- Member - can interact with organization resources (datasets and projects) based on the permissions granted to them for the specific resource, but can not create any resources within the organization.
- Content contributor: can create resources within the organization and share them out with others. They can interact with other organization resources based on the permissions granted to them for the specific resource. They cannot add any users or modify user permissions within the organization.
- Admin - can manage organization members, access levels, and access all resources (even private ones). They have super powers.
Finally select the visibility of the membership and select 'Invite member':
- Public member: all data.world users will be able to see the user is a member of the organization on their profile page. If the organization is public on data.world, the user will be listed under the 'People' tab of the organization page. This is the default setting.
- Private member: only other organization members would be able to see that user belongs to the org.
- Private organization: if you prefer your organization to not have a public profile page on data.world, contact our support team and we can switch it to a private organization. This means no data.world users who are not a member of your organization would be able to discover or navigate to your org.
The invitees will then receive an email as well as a notification within data.world that they will need to accept in order to be a part of the organization.
So far we've discussed how an organization administrator can invite others. The organization can also allow non-members to request membership. To enable that option, go to the Settings tab on the organization's page and choose Preferences on the left side. Then enable Allow users to request to join this organization:
Now that you've added members to your organization, create some content or share existing datasets or Data Projects with the team!
If run into any issues or questions, please contact us.